Saturday, May 26, 2018

Taiwanese cops collar Ardot


OZAMIZ CITY--Almost a year of hiding from authorities for drug trafficking, resigned Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog was finally arrested in Pingtung County, Taiwan Wednesday, May 23, the Philippine National Police (PNP) confirmed yesterday.
PNP spokesman, C/Supt. John Bulalacao told mediamen that Parojinog’s arrest came after a joint cooperation was made  between the PNP and its counterpart in Taiwan.
Parojinog was arrested in a raid by Taiwanese police at his rented house in Donggang, near evening following a tipoff.
Intelligence reports from Interpol revealed that the councilor entered Taiwan using illegal documents and sought refuge in the fishing village of Donggang .
Information from Taiwanese police also said they  have been tracking Parojinog for illegal entry since April and located his hideout via his smartphone.
This city's police office has since reported that Ardot had gone into hiding as early as January, last year, months before the raids were made on their houses.
The PNP added that Ardot is being investigated and wanted for illegal possession of high-powered firearms he allegedly kept and was recently seized by policemen in a raid inside his mrop security agency office and Dottie's Inn business located here.
The councilor's arrested cohorts tipped off authorities on his whereabouts, also said Police C/Insp. Jovie Espenido.
As of press time, there is no definite date yet when Parojinog would be deported from Taiwan.
President Rodrigo Duterte, who has offered a bounty of P5 million for Ardot's arrest, welcomed the councilor's arrest as a good news and assured Ozamiznons that Parojinog will be tried in due process for the charges leveled against him.
When he became president, Duterte tagged the Parojinogs as key players of illegal drug activities in Ozamiz City and nearby areas. 
As for Espenido, Ardot’s arrest was a sort of help from above. He said in one newspaper interview that with the councilor now in detention, he felt a finishing point of his worry about Ozamiz. (MICHAEL MEDINA, THE PHILIPPINE PREVIEW)

Thursday, May 3, 2018

Police recovers high powered guns, ammos during raid in Ardot’s business firms

OZAMIZ CITY—Police operatives headed by Police Chief Insp. Jovie Espenido searched and examined for concealed items Dottie's Inn and MROP Security Agency--both businesses owned by former City Councilor and fugitive Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog located in Banadero Highway, here, and recovered several high-powered firearms and bombs last early Monday  dawn, April 30, a recent news relayed to The Philippine Preview said.


                                            (PHOTO BY NEPTALIE BATOLENIO)

Ardot is the brother of slain mayor Reynaldo “Aldong” Parojinog Sr. who has been on the move since his brother and 15 others were killed when they allegedly fought police raiders last July 2017.

Espenido detailed to the media their confiscated firearms as two anti-tank rockets, two RPGs, three rifle grenades, 15 pieces 12-gauge shotguns, 18 pieces 9mm hand gun, eight .38 revolvers and an M16 rifle.

The police also recovered 148 9mm live ammunitions, 73 pieces live .38 revolver bullets and 17 9mm magazines.

Espenido remarked that all the seized weapons bear no serial numbers.

He revealed that the police are acting from a tip of an informant who disclosed that guns and ammunition were being kept in Parojinog’s shut down establishments.

The fugitive councilor and his aide were not around during the raid. But caretakers of their properties were taken for questioning, said Espenido.

Presently, Parojinog carries a P5-million bounty for his capture and is was also placed on the Bureau of Immigration’s watch list.

Later, another raid on a farm owned by Ian Dionson in Brgy. Sangay Dako yielded some 250 grams of suspected shabu, two rifle grenades, two 40 MM rifle grenades and another M16.

Dionson, however, was not around during the raid, only the farm’s caretaker, Elmer Prenio, who was taken in for questioning.

Last April 21, the Criminal Investigation and Detection Group (CIDG) in Northern Mindanao who raided the compound of a village chair in Kinawe, Libona, Bukidnon province, said they received reports that Parojinog was hiding there.

Espenido said Parojinog had long been missing and was rumored to be most likely hiding in the Lanao provinces. (MICHAEL MEDINA)

Tuesday, April 24, 2018

Cops arrest Aldong’s uncle, aunt in La Union; Ardot seen in Bukidnon


(PHOTO COURTESY BY INQUIRER) 


OZAMIZ CITY— Reports from Pangasinan police confirmed their arrest on the identified aunt of the late Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr., her husband and their son last April 19.

The said report mentioned that they have in detention Councilor Rizalina “Peque” Francisco, husband Manuelito alias “Maning” or “Lapad” and son, June alias “Omboy”, ex-chieftain of San Roque, after they were stopped at a checkpoint along a Diversion Road in the village of Brgy. Bangcusay, San Fernando City.

Police C/Supt. Romulo Sapitula, Ilocos police regional director, said the Franciscos were on their way back to Metro Manila with six other people in a rented Toyota Innova when they were stopped.

According to the PNP, the Francisco couple was facing cases for illegal possession of firearms and explosives.

Maning was marked as one of the organizer and planner of the dreaded Parojinog-Kuratong Baleleng Group which had been linked to cases of robbery, extortion, drug trafficking and contract killing.

Another briefer stated that Francisco and his gang is known for its complex and advanced carnapping schemes in which expensive cars are stolen and released to the blackmarket.

Earlier, television reports have said the Franciscos fled to Metro Manila and were allegedly in hiding after a police raid in their house where guns and explosives were recovered.

A PNP report released last year said the Franciscos transferred from one place to another knowing they were being hunted by the police.

A warrant of arrest against the Franciscos was issued by Presiding Judge Edmundo P. Pintac RTC 10th Judicial Region Br. 15, Ozamiz City, here, last Feb. 6 for violation of RA 9516.

The suspects are now detained at the San Fernando Police Station and will be turned-over to the Regional Trial Court, here.

In related news, an arrested village chief of Kinawe,  Libona, Bukidnon town, is suspected to have coddled Councilor Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog who has gone into hiding after the death of his brother and is now declared wanted by police.

SPO4 Noel Oclarit, CIDG-Northern Mindanao chief investigator, said they arrested Cherry Barros and 18 others last Saturday.

A joint team of police and military operatives served a search warrant for Barros but were fired upon as they were about to enter the Barros compound located in Zone 3, Kinawe.

A firefight ensued that lasted for almost an hour and only when they ran out of bullets that the armed men surrendered to the authorities.

Three soldiers were wounded in the confrontation, while 19 individuals were apprehended along with various types of firearms and ammunition confiscated at the crime scene.

Cherry’s husband, Tarcisio and a still unidentified person were said to have escaped following the firefight as operatives continued their pursuit of the suspects who got away.

Oclarit said the two persons who escaped during the raid were possibly hit and wounded owing to a trail of blood responding agents saw on a pavement.

A Bombo Radyo report dated April 21 has recognized the unidentified person as Ricardo “Ardot” Parojinog, basing its report from CIDG Cagayan de Oro Team head Supt. Melgar Devaras who assessed a tip that Parojinog had been staying at the Barros compound, though they could not verify yet if he was one among those who managed to elude arrest.

It can be recalled that the former councilor was included in the most wanted posters put up in this city last year by a group of concerned citizens. The Department of Justice has also placed him under the immigration lookout bulletin.

He has a previous P1-million bounty for his arrest. But in September, last year, President Rodrigo Duterte offered a P5-million bounty for the capture of Parojinog and even encouraged soldiers to go to the mountains and hunt for him when they’re off duty.

Meanwhile, the CIDG said they have established the connection between Parojinog and Barros’ group as true and definite since most of the suspects they arrested have corroborated they are members of the Kuratong Baleleng and have, in fact, come from Ozamiz. (BY MICHAEL MEDINA)

DSWD lauds Ozamiz in 2018 PaNata Ko Sa Bayan Awards

OZAMIZ CITY--The Department of Social Welfare and Development (DSWD) recently handed over its recognition to its various partners and stakeholders who have helped them in providing programs and services through the “Pagkilala sa Natatanging Kontribusyon sa Bayan (PaNata Ko sa Bayan) Awards.”

The awarding was held during the 67th founding anniversary of DSWD last March 8 at the DSWD Central Office in Quezon City headed by Development (DSWD) Officer-in-Charge (OIC) Emmanuel A. Leyco.

Different awards were given like the “Salamat Po Awards,” “GAPAS Awards,” “Gawad Serbisyo” and “Gawad Ulat,” among others. 

In a report from the City Mayor’s office, it announced Acting Mayor Irene E. Luansing as one of the awardees in the Gawad Good Convergence Initiative for the local government's Pantawid Kolehiyo Program.

Luansing was bestowed the award for her support in the college tuition of 86 scholars who are children of 4Ps beneficiary families.

“This signifies her strong resolve to make education access a key long-term strategy in addressing poverty,” the press release from her office said.

Fifteen other throughout the country vied for the award but only five made it to the final mark with Ozamiz City on top of the list, the press release further said.

It was also known that the previous administration has left the said program unfunded for unknown reasons, as the press release stated, which Luansing readily took action when she became mayor.

DSWD’s Leyco expressed his gratefulness in his speech for all the help given to the Department in pertinence to its mission, vision and goal to serve the Filipino people or every Filipino people in need.

“Now more than ever, we must all unite to ensure that we are able to provide our beneficiaries and the rest of the Filipino people prompt and compassionate service that has no room for corruption,” he added. (MICHAEL MEDINA)

Sunday, December 31, 2017

Luansing calls Espenido ‘new hoodlum on the block’

OZAMIZ CITY—Carefully matching her description of him as uncontrollable and disorderly, Acting Mayor Irene “Girlet” Luansing lately called City Chief of Police C/Insp. Jovie Espenido as the “new hoodlum on the block.”

Luansing’s name-calling was contained in a letter dated Nov. 29. 2017 and forwarded to Chief PNP Dir. Gen. Ronald de la Rosa, a copy of which was obtained by Mindanaoan Broadcasting Channel chief Expedita Roxas and shared to The Philippine Preview.

In the said letter, the local chief executive called the attention of the PNP director over the unruly conduct of Espenido and appealed for attention for the interest and integrity of institutions and the correctness of police functions.

Luansing cited four details in her letter: first is the pronouncement of bad words by the police chief against her and her men on account of baseless accusations, bringing up Espenido’s earlier threat to Ryan Rosauro—the mayor’s chief executive assistant—a conduct she says is unbecoming of a police officer.

Next, Luansing says Espenido has been harping about her cutting off the city police’s support when the truth is that such funding was already restored by her leadership after the late Mayor Reynaldo Parojinog Sr. scrapped it off middle of 2017.

The specified budget, it was learned, is the food allowance for police troops, the monthly communication allowance for each police officer and the RATA for Espenido and his two deputies.

The mayor added they even allowed the local police to use the LGU-owned vehicles and motorcycles complete with a monthly fuel provision.

The mayor continued by saying that Espenido tried to dip his fingers into local governance matters by relocating the ambulant vendors outside the public market premises into the Cotta Shrine area and bullying them to comply.  

She said that there has also been confusion among the city’s riding public after the police officer fixed the motorcab fares to P10 from P8 and issued tariff cards for boundary routes.

“This is usurpation of the functions of the local government which is provided in the Local Government Code,” Luansing said.

“These actions are tantamount to him acting as the replacement local thug, the new hoodlum on the block, which erodes the credibility of the local police which he himself greatly contributed to restoring,” the mayor added.

Fourth, Luansing said that Espenido withdrew in person without appropriate notice the police sentry at the City Hall who was requested by the mayor to secure the area, including her own police escort, who was provided personally by force of President Duterte’s order.

Luansing said this is very unusual and quite alarming since her own security issues are many, largely on the part that she has earned the ire of the Parojinog kin as a result of the cleansing she set up in a number of local government offices inside the City Hall.

Lastly, the mayor said the police chief’s participation has been absent in the City Peace and Order Council, which means that as a law enforcer, he should have assisted the mayor in the proper enforcement of laws and the administration of justice.

At the moment, Espenido is out of town and cannot be contacted.

Michael Medina
Editor-in-chief
The Philippine Preview